Which Military Ball Gowns Should You Be Wearing In 2013?
Military ball season is an exciting time as all of the military branches hosts balls that spouses can attend. It's exciting to get together with like-minded friends, comrades, and communities, but many a military wife or partner feels nervous when it comes to choosing military ball gowns.
You are representing your partner who's in the forces, so the gown you wear takes on special significance. Basically, you want to look your best for them, and yourself.
You'll be greeted, have dinner, toasting, and finally dancing. It's a fun, but busy celebration, so an appropriate and comfortable ball gown is key.
Tips When Choosing Military Ball GownsMilitary ball gowns are basically black tie event dresses, and many consider them to be similar to prom dresses too (although some prom styles can be pretty 'poofy' and wild, which is not what you want). The keyword is formal. Here are some tips to help you better understand the do's and don't when choosing military ball gowns:
- Military ball gowns are often long, or even with a short train. However they can be knee-length (like a cocktail dresses) depending on the style.
- Very bright colors are not advised. It's a formal occasion, and although guests can wear any color, something too bright isn't befitting the event.
- Highly decorative gowns, such as those with lots of crystals, sequins, or heavy patterns, are to be avoided. Some sparkle is OK, but it's always better to choose something a little more sedate if in doubt.
- Think, "Pretty and elegant," Not, "Hot and sexy."
- Long gloves may be worn if that's something that you'd like as part of your outfit.
This beautiful military ball gown features a sheer layer in the skirt which is so stylish when paired with the sequins and darker color below. The V neckline also opens up many options when it comes to wearing a beautiful necklace too.
These are just a taste of our range of military ball gowns, and remember that our gowns are available in many different colors (can be chosen on each dress page in our store), in a US2 to 28 as standard, or can be made-to-measure. Just click on the dress you like to go to its page :)
Have you been to a military ball before? What kind of ball gown did you wear? What kinds of styles do you think make good military ball gowns? Let us know by leaving a comment!