2014 Prom Dress Trends
Remember that you can see hundreds of hot prom dresses at inexpensive prices at OuterInner.com, and they're available in your choice of color AND made-to-measure just for you!
So now we know that there are new 2014 prom dress trends out there, let's dig into them and see if there are any that you love...1. Peplum Prom Dresses: Peplums are a small 'over-skirt' that adds a cute and classy look to your dress. They really rose in popularity in the last couple of years, and we';re going to see prom dresses with peplums in 2014! Remember, the best prom dresses are those that help you to shine and stand out from your many friends, and peplums are just quirky enough to do this! [caption id="attachment_7374" align="aligncenter" width="195"] Custom Design | Strapless Hi-Lo Peplum Prom Dress
Style Code: 10877
As you can see with this peplum prom dress above, the peplum section on the skirt adds that little extra dimension of coolness to the overall look!
2. Brighter Colors: If you want all eyes on you then brighter is definitley better for prom dresses in 2014! We're seeing a lot of neons coming in for 2014 prom dress trends, and if you do go with neon then you know you'll stand out from the usualy pastel or primary colors! You can also combine a bright or neon color with any of the other trends mentioned here for double the fun![caption id="attachment_7375" align="aligncenter" width="195"] Ruching Sequins Front Cutout Chiffon Prom Dress
Style Code: 11882
3. Clever Use Of Lace: Lace applique is nothing new with prom dresses, but in the past we've seen it used for adding small details to dresses. Coming into 2014 you're going to see a lot of lace prom dresses totally made from beautiful lace! Everyone knows that lace wedding gowns are much-loved as they give the bride the air of a princess, so why not get this same feeling for prom?[caption id="attachment_7376" align="aligncenter" width="195"] Lace Sweep/ Brush Train Ruffles Trumpet/ Mermaid Black Tie Event
Style Code: 00613
4. High-Low Prom Dresses: "Party at the front, business out back!" High low prom dresses are going to be so hot in 2014! Not only does the wearer have the fun of a short skirt, with the elegance of a long one, but designers also incorporate cool style touches like a differently-colored lining for instance.[caption id="attachment_7377" align="aligncenter" width="195"] Pleated Bodice Contrast Color Prom Dress
Style Code: 09507
5. Ombre Prom Dresses: Ombre prom dresses will continue to be hot & stylish in 2014 too. You can see ombre everywhere these days - from nail art, to hairstyles, to prom dresses. Ombre fades one color into another, or can be a gradient of the hues of one single color.[caption id="attachment_7378" align="aligncenter" width="195"] Shutter Bodice One Strap Purple Ombre Ruffles Mermaid Dress
Style Code: 12631
Was $458, Now $274.80[/caption]
6. Prom Dresses With Serious Sparkle: If you want to light up the room and look super sexy on prom night, then you'll love serious sparkle prom dresses. These prom dresses take sparkly beading and sequins to the next level, as they're really covered in them![caption id="attachment_7380" align="aligncenter" width="195"] Sweetheart Neck Beaded Top Mermaid Evening Gown
Style Code: 12619
Was $368, Now $220.80[/caption]
Which of these 2014 prom dress trends will you be wearing? Are there any other prom dress styles that you think will be big in 2014? Let us know by leaving a comment!