Presentation Bridal Bouquetswedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses, here at OuterInner.com we like to explore some of the options that brides have on their wedding day. One particularly stunning bridal trend at the moment is to choose presentation bridal bouquets. What are these gorgeous bouquets? How do they look, and are they something you'd like for your wedding? We'll answer these questions in this blog.
"What Are Presentation Wedding Bouquets?"
The presentation bridal bouquet first became popular in the early 20th Century, but at that time they were called Bernhardt bouquets; inspired by the bouquets held on the red carpet by those days' superstar actress, Sarah Bernhardt. They are usually made from long-stemmed flowers and leaves that the bride carries cradled in her arm. You'll also see this style of bouquet given to female dignitaries, and heads-of-state when visiting foreign countries.Today's brides will like this style as an alternative to more common and typical bouquets,. It's a fashionable style, and suits romantic, vintage, rustic, classic, modern, glamorous weddings. This is because the bouquet can be designed to be as simple, or elaborate as the bride desires! They can be either single-ended, with stems at one end, or feature flowers at both ends. Since they're cradled in your arm, a ribbon or piece of lace to hold the bouquets together is a lovely touch.
Popular flowers seen in presentation bridal bouquets are calla lilies, gladiolus, orchids, long-stemmed roses, delphiniums, and larkspur. However there are also many other options, especially those focused on the season of your wedding, such as Fall.Be aware that this style of bouquet naturally lends itself to taller brides, since it is more horizontal it could make shorter brides seem 'wider' which will take away from height.
"OK, Show Me More Presentation Bridal Bouquets!"You got it sister! Here are a few styles that will help you to get a really good idea about if this is the style for you!
1. The pink roses carried by this bridesmaid complement her dress perfectly!
2. This lovely presentation bridal bouquet features Roses, Lilies, Liatris, Daisies With Waxed Flowers & Ferns, and is hand-tied with Satin & Lace.
3. A fabulous combination of roses, alstroemeria, carnations, Gerberas, lilies and more!
4. A great Fall bouquet, this style is made from Cotinus, Calla lilies, Foxtail Fern China berries, Sarracenes, Black Mountain Fern!
5. Simple, yet striking - large orchids and magnolia leaf makes for a bold and beautiful presentation bouquet.