The Twelve 2012 Prom Dresses trends You Need To Know About! (Part 2)
Why Should I Go For New 2012 Prom Dresses?
We already established in part 1 of the top 2012 prom dresses trends blog that older ‘tried and tested’ styles are fine, but not original and could lead to you rolling up in the same or similar prom dress to another girl!
We want you to avoid this horror and so that’s why we’re looking at all of the latest, most original trends for 2012 prom dresses that will have you looking fashionable and amazing in all of your pictures, rather than looking the same as everyone else!
Key 2012 Prom Dresses Trends For You To Target
Let’s look in detail at the last 6 trends you can target and I’ll give an example from OuterInner.com’s selection of 2012 prom dresses so you can actually see the trends in action!
- Metallic Prom Dresses: Metallic tones are a really important trend for 2012 prom dresses. You should definitely consider irridescent taffeta, which is a fabric which looks metallic and can even change color as you shift under the lights!
Metallics are blowing up on the catwalk right now, so grab a piece of the action to look quite different to the other girls!
- Sweetheart Prom Dresses: A sweetheart neckline is certainly not new for 2012 prom dresses, however sweetheart prom dresses are a trend that continues to be strong. Girls just love that strapless, flirty look!
- Leg Slit Prom Dresses: Another look which has been getting increasingly popular on the red carpet this year, leg slit prom dresses tantalise by showing off a little thigh, but look very classy at the same time! The great thing about this style of prom dress is that it’s not quite as conventional as some, so by choosing it you’re going to look quite striking compared to the other girls!
- Tiered Prom Dresses: These attractive skirts look quite cool and different, so if you like tiered prom dresses then you’ll be in for a lot of fun with a dress like this!
- Orange Prom Dresses: Did you know that orange is Pantone’s color of the year for 2012? We’ve seen a lot of celebrities wearing orange and also accessorizing with orange nails and lips, so why not get in with this popular trend and go with ornage prom dresses this year?
- Hi-Lo Prom Dresses: The important thing to remember when choosing your prom dress is to find one that’s individual and quite original. This is why our final trend is hi-lo prom dresses. These interesting prom dresses have a rather unique skirt which is both, you guessed it, high and low! They’re definitely going to get you noticed!
So there you have the final 6 of our important 2012 prom dresses trends. Which do you prefer? Do you like any of these trends? Let us know how you’re feeling about them by leaving a comment please!
Don’t forget to check out part 1 of the top 2012 prom dresses trends blog so you don’t miss out on any of the looks that could take you from wallflower to party queen during this year’s prom!